Buy Side and Sell Side Trading Platform
Benefit Trust specializes in buy-side trade execution and settlement services, designed to fill a variety of needs:
- as a stand-alone option for financial institutions such as banks and trust companies
- in conjunction with Benefit Trust’s custody services, to support trading of plan assets
- in conjunction with nBalance, to support Fund of Funds portfolio trading
- in conjunction with Benefit Trust’s unitization services, to support trading of underlying securities
Benefit Trust’s buy-side trade execution and settlement platform includes:
- Mutual fund trading and settlement via the National Securities Clearing Corporation (NSCC)
- Trading agreements with over 375 fund families
- Access to non-NSCC eligible funds, as well as ETFs and other equities
- Cash and asset reconciliation
- Electronic interface: daily cash report, security positions, trade file acknowledgements and confirmations
- Integration with nBalance, for Fund of Funds trading
- Collection and distribution of mutual fund revenue share payments
Benefit Trust is a Rule 2(ii)(c) (fund) member of NSCC, and supports NSCC connectivity for unitized portfolios (e.g. CITs, custom portfolios) via its NSCC interface – in these cases, Benefit Trust acts as NSCC fund sponsor.
Fundplicity is Benefit Trust’s multi-currency, global sell-side service for transfer agents and fund companies. Fundplicity provides a SWIFT ISO 20022 interface to the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation’s (DTCC’s) National Securities Clearing Corporation (NSCC) Fund/SERV, Networking, Mutual Fund Profile (MFP), Payment aXis, and ACATS-Fund/SERV platforms, in order to facilitate buy-side distributors that require the use of NSCC. Fundplicity includes a proprietary (delimited) file-based interface, ISO 20022 funds messaging via SWIFT, and a comprehensive web-based interface.